Friday, February 4, 2011

Is Too Much Inspiration a Bad Thing?


YIKES, the store where I teach weaving has several years of old weaving magazines.  Shuttle, Spindle, Dyepot (comes with HWGA membership),  Handwoven and Weaver's.  Why is Weaver's no longer in print?  Great Mag!

Anyway, I was permitted to select magazines I might use and wanted to get some ideas for future classes.  BIG MISTAKE!  I have been weaving a while - lets say since college and my daughter is two years shy of her own college venture! SO MANY IDEAS, how do you choose, where do you start, if I live to be 104, I still don't think I can get through a fraction of the weaving that is out there to be explored!

That supports the theory that we are always learning.  Even if you take one, two, three structures and explore and experiment, you would still be confronted with many possibilities, color, fiber, finishing and adaptations and applications.

Welcome to the wonderful world of weaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment