Sunday, February 20, 2011

Glimåkra 160cm Standard

This loom is not very old, but the wood was a little dry and dusty. I gave a wipe down with restore a finish, it does not affect the finish of the wood but gives a lustre and a little protection.  Then a light coat of feed and wax.  The result is a honey golden finish.






The loom is quite wide so a double flybox will be necessary at some point.  The beater to my AVL fits this loom so an AVL double box will do the job.  I plan to design an adjustable single box where the width can be adjusted.

As seen in the pictures I am installing the heddles.   I will put on an 8 shaft warp to set the height of the shafts and lams.  I am getting ready to install the pull board onto the front and extend the loom for damask weaving.

VAV arrived!  VAV is a scandanavian weave magazine translated to english.  This month's issue has a number or articles regarding drawloom weaving.  

TOIKA - looks like the Toika will go to a new home!  I am a little sad to have to sell but I will be kept busy with the two big gals in the basement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment