Saturday, February 5, 2011

HOW DO I LOVE THEE? LET ME COUNT THE WAYS!



This could be a double entendre!  For one, I LOVE my Toika loom!  It is sooooo pretty, yes I know I have mentioned this before.  I also love my AVL, but knowing my Toika can be computerized I may be tempted to stray.   But more importantly, how do I love my dear hubby? and just how much is he willing to put up with?


I was up front, "I'm bringing a loom into our living room to show a potential buyer and I want to buy a Glimakra for drawloom weaving before I sell it, is that ok?"


Well, he was slightly irritated but agreed (I count that as one way that I love thee!)


So, the loom huffed and puffed up the 130 year old basement steps and is proudly perched in my living room (meanwhile the kids walk by and shake their heads along with dear hubby (count that as two.)


So now I move the 60 inch AVL to make room for the 63" Glimakra and think, oops, tight squeeze here,  I question my own sanity, then the devil on my shoulder says "of course you need 3 huge looms!"


Then I say, hold on, I can always sell my least favorite.  Problem? do I have one?


So, let me say..... To my lovely husband, I promise no more looms after this! and I will sell one big one at some point.  Thank you - even though you shake your head, grumble under your breathe.  I can think of many ways I love thee, but right now closest to mind are loom 1, loom 2 and loom 3.


An ode to a weaving Valentine


Happy Valentine's Day



No comments:

Post a Comment