Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bagpuss Syndrome




Waaaay back when I was a wee lass, there was a show with a stuffy, baggy old fabric toy cat named Bagpuss, who always ended the show with a looooong yawn.  Well folks, I feel like Bagpuss!

Work at 8am - 3pm (with young children)
then home to my own young children, pre- dinner dinner & homework
off to get my big girl and stop for food for her (dinner wasn't an option as Tues nights are 2 sport nights & hubby is in Manhattan till 9:30 pm)
2nd "kinda" dinner, finish homework, laundry and off to sport 1 with son #2
back to pick up son number 1 for sport #2
stop at grocery store to buy supplies for Wed, Thur & Fri dinner and lunches
off to pick up son number 2 and friend
come home and clean up the trash that the puppy strewn all over kitchen and put away groceries
glass of wine - still no dinner for me as now it is 9:45 pm and I am pooped
son number 2 in shower and bedtime snack before son # 1 has shower and snack and hopefully no supply runs for teenage daughter (we ran out to store at 9:30 pm last night for copy paper and ink for term papers)
2nd glass of wine and dreaming of reading the last few chapters of the thriller that I usually wake up in bed with in the morning after only making it through 3 paragraphs.

And in less than 7 hours, the whole process begins again....

yawn..... goodnight Bagpuss

No comments:

Post a Comment