Friday, February 17, 2012

Phew - I busted my ......


Phew - wedding shower Sat am, so Friday I spent the whole day making kitchen linens and a bread cloth.  I hand not used the AVL in some time and I had to make some adjustments to the side arms of the overhead beater which required a trip to the hardware store for a few bolts.  Then as I started weaving the computer went to sleep causing missed lags on the dobby.  Then after that was resolved - the computer wanted to auto update - causing yet another lag in the lags!  
However, it is now 11pm.  Here are the towels mid packaging and apres packaging.  The design is a simple goose eye twill in 16/2 cotton with a weft of 16/1 half bleached linen.  Dimensions are approx 22 x 26, the blue weft is 5/2 mercerized cotton.  This along with a gift card hopefully will be a nice gift for my niece.


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous gift! Dawn, you are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have been updating my weaving wordpress blog more frequently - bloominloom.wordpress.com. - the funny thing is you and I have the same template layout! Thanks for the kind words, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete