Friday, November 11, 2011

What do ya mean "it's almost Thanksgiving?"

YIKES, that went fast!  My family lives in England, so in my "pre-slave" days when I was a stay home mommy, the house would be getting prepped for the holidays and Christmas pictures for the Christmas cards would be ready - all to be mailed by Nov 20th at the latest!

But now alas, with 3 children across the board age wise (one thinking about college) and a near full time job teaching little ones, and weaving and going back to school for a different certification, things are, lets say, a little unorganized!  I have backed off my teaching of weaving and have not done a single show this year.

It is my favorite time of the year but it is also coming at me like a freight train.  Here is the sched for next week:

Organize a Thanksgiving Feast for an entire school (3 other teachers involved)
Make Thanksgiving decorations for the pre-schoolers
Take number one son to hopefully get braces off
Take both boys to CCD
Homework
French Tutor
Soccer Practice
Baseball training
clothes for # 1 sons Confirmation next week
book restaurant
get cake
Pick up High Schooler and drive her to Big Sister, Photo Club etc
(Ok, we are only up to Wed so far)
attend son # 2's teacher conference
get daughter something to wear for Confirmation
get something for me to wear for Confirmation
Attend a friends housewarming
study for a MAJOR test next weekend
clean for company coming in for Confirmation

get the image - yeah... that's the one....where smoke is coming out of my head, because I still didn't cover laundry, housework and dinner!

AND I still haven't thought about Christmas cards!  But the best part is..... after next weekend - no more studying!  and on Thanksgiving it is my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

So - being the optimist I will look forward to Thanksgiving week, a couple of days off and a celebration with my family.

Naked looms will have to stay that way and there may not be any "woven gifts" this year.  But I count my blessings.



-

No comments:

Post a Comment