Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm Beaming!



Warp ready to be spread in raddle



Using paper to support the warp chain whilst selecting bouts to be placed in raddle





Spreading the warp - each space = 1/2 inch, 16 epi = 8 ends per space



Warp spread, the lease sticks were removed due to yarn furring together when winding on, I used the portee cross to spread the warp on the raddle, I will beam without sticks until I reach the porrey cross at the opposite end of the warp chain and replace the lease sticks



beaming using sticks and paper (note the snazzy new beam made by moi!)



Once I arrive at the porrey cross I re-insert the lease sticks



BEAMED! (less than 10 mins for a 7 yard warp)

After yesterdays (I'd like to pretend I didn't even do that) experiment, I decided some nice fulled merino scarves might allow me to redeem myself!  I prepared a warp for 2/18 Merino at 16 EPI on the new live weight tension beam.

No comments:

Post a Comment