Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ouch!

I have spent the past two days constructing a live weight tension second beam for the Liisa, I like to weave quickly so I want to advance my warp with a simple maneuver.  It took a little time, sweat and frustration but I am half way there.  In the midst of this I also had to lower the treadle set and drill new holes in the frame for the main beam.  I am not sure if I will add sectional rails yet.  But now I have heavy tension with the ratchet and adjustable tension where the warp can be advanced with the new beam.  My hands and head are very tired!







I still have to build up the beam with 4 pieces of 1x2 and then quarter round.  Drilling into the steel was the most time consuming (aside from hand sanding to enlarge the holes in the support blocks).

The treadle set now allows me to insert treadle pins through the texsolv and hold on the pins, this eliminates the need for being under the treadles with a crochet hook!



2 comments:

  1. Tip: put key rings at the end of the cords - much easier to put the pin through rings than through the texsolv holes...

    ReplyDelete