Monday, April 25, 2011

Damask Sample





I finally worked the kinks out of the 10 pattern damask addition and drall pulleys.  At first I could not get a clean shed and shafts would not return to neutral upon releasing the treadle.  After some minor adjustments and new elastic - all is well!  I did have one pattern unit incorrectly placed.  Fortunately it was near the end and was fairly simple to correct.  Above is a sample of damask weave with a 6 shaft damask and 10 pattern units. The warp is 8/2 cotton in natural and the weft is a 6/2 cotton.  This sample will make cushions for my den.

Weaving with a draw shaft attachment is not overly complicated, just a little tricky logistically to get set up.  This attachment is an Opph ämta attachment.  It fits on the Glimåkra standard.   I also have a frame and handles for 70 shafts - however I'm a "I changed my mind - I like options" kinda girl so I will be re-reconfiguring the loom for a draw harness - this can allow for freestyle design and pattern repeats.

Happy weaving!

Dawn









No comments:

Post a Comment